We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with flawless attention to detail, who enjoys managing multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, creative environment. In this role, your primary focus will be partnering with 3 of john st.’s senior leaders (Group CEO, President, and Chief Creative Officer) to provide administrative and operational support. You will also play a key support role in coordinating all new business activity and participating in other john st. brand marketing activities. Much of the work is self-appointed and requires a high degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline. You are someone who loves this type of work and understands that an EA can be a powerful enabler who contributes to the success of those you support. You also hopefully have a great sense of humour, can roll with the punches, and have learned the value of staying calm and cool under pressure.
- Daily admin support to 3 executives: Group CEO, President, and Chief Creative Officer, including, but not limited to;
- Calendar management – scheduling meetings (internally + externally), reacting to invitations, proactively adjusting to allow for work time, and negotiating/resolving when conflicts exist
- Meeting coordination – space booking, A/V set up, catering, reservations, material prep, set up and take down, notetaking, etc.
- Larger event planning and coordination – ie. annual leadership offsites, parties/dinners, etc.
- Assist with preparing weekly timesheets and submitting monthly expense reports
- Travel booking support/coordination as needed
- Assist with creation of internal and external presentation decks and documents – building, proofing, editing/tracking changes, formatting, sourcing content, drafts for review, etc.
- Project management support for all new business activity from RFPs to pitches to new client onboarding:
- Manage all new business assets and presentation elements including (ie. new business book, case studies/boards, sizzle video, etc.)
- Develop an ongoing system and structure for organizing past pitches and presentation assets for future RFPs/pitches
- Support the pitch team in all respects: setting up appropriate time/expense dockets, coordinating regroups and rehearsals, assisting with research and asset gathering, building and formatting presentation decks, and managing overall timelines to ensure deadlines are not missed
- Track and manage all assigned budgets
- Work with Marketing Director to support john st.’s external communications (ie. social media, PR), as informed by annual marketing plan;
- Manage content across john st. owned channels (website, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) including: posting content; coordinating with other contributors; participating in content planning; etc.
Skills and Experience
- Experience as an Executive Assistant in an agency or similar creative environment
- Experience in new business activity, project management and/or social media a plus
- Superior verbal communication and professional writing skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful – able to solve problems, make decisions in a timely manner, and go above and beyond the call of duty
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong skills in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel