Client Service Director
Account Services, Toronto
At john st., our Account Services department plays a critical role in making our clients' brands unignorable. We're looking for a leader for this department that has proven experience in helping their client’s business transform.
Reporting to john st.’s President, you will co-lead the Account Services department (working alongside the Co-Client Service Director) to ensure client satisfaction and the account services (talent) satisfaction.
As an integral part of our organization, you will work to ensure the Account Service department provides exceptional client service both through your involvement with our clients and through your leadership of the account team. You will need to proactively cultivate important relationships internally and with clients, thrive as a leader in a change-centric environment, display a strategic & business orientation with a sense of urgency to make things happen, and demonstrate passion about how great creative ideas and design can transform a brand.
- Oversight and leadership of 1/2 of john st. accounts
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Achievement of brand goals and priorities
- Brand stewardship and client counsel
- Financial health of the accounts (revenue forecasting, resource allocation, etc)
- Leading yearly account planning process
- Shared leadership of the Account Service department (55 people)
- Setting the vision and priorities for department
- Resource management and departmental budgeting
- Talent recruitment and development (including departmental training)
- Implementation of new services & process
- Manages 5-6 direct reports (Team Leaders and Account Directors)
- Active member of the Leadership Group
- Promotes the agency’s purpose, vision and values and strategic objectives (both internally and externally)
- Identifies areas of opportunities for agency to evolve & innovation and works cross-functionally to institute change
- Provides input into agency yearly objectives and plan, using client and industry knowledge
Skills and Experience
- 15-20 years’ experience, ideally have both client-side and agency experience.
- Experience in automotive strongly desired. Healthcare, financial, retail and CPG is also highly desirable.
- Proven ability in leading large accounts (or groups of accounts), leading large teams (5+ direct reports), and working in partnership with clients to help set objectives and priorities for brands.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with 'Client Service Director’ in the subject line.